If this post catches your attention, it’s because your organization runs large processes and tasks that consume lots time. Similarly, these processes involve much of resources and systems infrastructure; technology; and personnel.
As businesses get into the digital world, the need for implementing solutions to facilitate process automation accelerates. In other words, process automation becomes more important to minimize errors, and boost productivity and success of the company.
The real question is, do you know what is the best method to implement a process automation system in your company?
Let’s review some concepts and analyze the advantages and disadvantages of process automation to help you to make your choice.
What is Process Automation for Information Technology (IT)?
Process automation IT refers to the ability of a technological system to execute a series of tasks which are originally performed by humans. Such automation also controls; corrects and makes visible the status of workflows and tasks; and generates reports throughout the process.
Also, a very important aspect of the process automation is feedback. Through it, the system evaluates; compares and execute corrections in real time and without human intervention and under certain pre-configured restrictions.
Additionally, process automation can be programmed to run at a certain time; depending on the outcome of previous processes or certain factors. This allows planning future tasks.
Benefits of Process Automation
- Companies implementing process automation have a competitive advantage over their competitors, both in operability and reliability.
- Process automation reduces operative costs and increases both, speed and reliability of task implementation, development, and support.
- Enhances work continuity, and satisfies the demand for IT departments and computer systems.
- It improves strategic analysis and streamlines the deployment of applications through automated job execution.
- Elimina la ejecución de secuencias de comandos manuales que pueden estar sujetas al error humano, aumentando la eficiencia y la productividad de la organización.
- Eliminates manual execution of command sequences subjected to human error, increasing efficiency and productivity of the organization.
- It enables visibility and control of all workflows and tasks, providing status reports of completed processes, in progress and incoming tasks.
- It supports both, local, virtual and hybrid environments in the Cloud, increasing the possibilities of management and process control.
Disadvantages of Process Automation
- Fear of losing their jobs. Employees may face this fear. However, companies that automate their processes have the capacity to generate more jobs. This is because they become more prosperous and efficient, and more capable to address larger numbers of projects, and properly serve to more customers.
- Costs for investment. Implementing a process automation solution involves a considerable initial investment. However, this factor should be contrasted to the benefits in terms of productivity and compliance. Additionally, implementing Cloud solutions generate significantly lower costs than non-automated solutions.
- Loss of flexibility. Modify workflows; tasks and processes may involve certain rigidity. You can counteract it with a previous process of consulting and planning, and your vendor must offer it. Similarly, you must make an intelligent choice of automation product: Take a close look on versatility and scalability in relation to the transformation that will take your company in the future.
What else do you need to know to choose the best product for process automation?
A study carried out by Forrester Consulting, a company specialized in business strategy consulting and economic analysis; showed that the implementation of automation systems processes in IT companies resulted in:
- Increase of operational efficiency
- Punctuality in delivering workflow
- Greater control in overall IT processes
- Increased productivity of the company
Also, it predicted that in the near future, IT process automation will be extended to business processes automation.
For this reason, it is very important to have very clear strategic development for your company in terms of infrastructure; applications and organization before choosing a solution for process automation.
Likewise; make sure your provider will reliably advise you on the ability of the new system to integrate with your legacy system. Find out if it offers the technology you needed to migrate your data and workflows in a reliably; safe and accurate way. Also, check that such solution is versatile enough to adapt to the requirements and growth of your organization.
At GB Advisors, we offer BMC Control-M, a Cloud-based digital solution that allows you go beyond process automation to manage workflows of your applications. This reduces by 25% or more the cost of automating IT processes in your organization.
With BMC Control-M, you’ll be able to implement your applications up to 80% faster, and also, getting the best predictive analytics to monitor process performance. As result, you’ll avoid any difficulties that may potentially affect your business.
Contact our agents and start from today to automate the processes of your organization with our powerful Cloud systems.